Retroactive Federal Tax Credit For ENERGY STAR Products
If you had Thompson Creek windows or doors installed in your home between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017, you may be eligible for a Federal tax credit. Tax credits for these products had expired with the new year, but the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 (passed in early February) included language extending the Code Section 25C residential energy tax credit.
As always, it's important that you consult a tax professional to be sure you fully qualify for this credit!
What's Involved In The Tax Credit?
Tax rules are a bit cumbersome. Here's what we found and distilled down to serve our customers:
- Thompson Creek customers who have purchased and installed our windows and doors may qualify for this tax credit. Other home improvement products qualify for the credit as well - please refer to energystar.gov for a full list.
- Consumers can claim a credit of 10% up to $200 of the purchase price on qualifying windows and/or 10% up to $500 the purchase price of qualifying doors for a total of $500.
- Sorry, the tax credit is for cost of the product only and does not include installation costs.
- Tax credits under this law are capped at a cumulative lifetime total of $500 for all qualifying products installed from January 1, 2006 – December 31, 2017. Again, be sure to check your eligibility with your tax advisor.
How To Request Documentation From Thompson Creek
You made it through the tax code section! Bravo! To request documentation on your qualifying Thompson Creek products, all you have to do is submit the interest form below. It's simple:
- You submit your contact info
- We'll match up your info against our project database.
- If your products are indeed eligible, we'll send your information via email within 14 business days of submission on our site (so don't wait until the filing deadline!)