How long does a bath remodel take? Maybe not as long as you’d expect…
Considering a bathroom remodel? Want to replace your tub? Or do a bath-to-shower conversion?
Depending on the scale of your project, you should consider that a complete bathroom remodel could take 23 full days to complete. Without counting weekends, that’s about a month of work.
If that sounds like a long time for such a small space, you’re right. But when you think about how that time adds up, it’s not so surprising.
- Doing the remodel yourself? Then you’re likely balancing it with your other responsibilities, like a full-time job and a family.
- Hiring a contractor? Depending on who you’re hiring, they’re either the only employee (an owner-operator) or they’ve got contractors. Now you’re looking at a faster job that’ll cost even more.
- Do you really need a full remodel? Often, homeowners think they need a full remodel because they’re not aware of other options.
One increasingly popular alternative to the full bath remodel is the bathtub-to-shower conversion. These are ideal for:
- Bathrooms with worn-out, uninviting looking tubs
- Reducing the risk of injury from slipping and falling out of tubs for family members aged 65 and older
- Increasing bathroom floor space
- Easier bathroom maintenance and improved water efficiency
The bathtub-to-shower conversion can often be done in as little as one day. When considering how long a home bathroom remodel or renovation takes, it’s important to know the other options.
One-Day Bath Remodel Compared To DIY Bath Remodel
We’ll start by looking at the advantages and disadvantages of a one-day bath remodel to a DIY bath remodel. Below we’ve outlined what makes each strong, including how long they each take.
Advantages of a one-day remodel over a diy bath remodel
- Timing – Starting and finishing a remodel within the same workday is faster than fitting in your DIY project around your own work schedule.
- Affordability – While you may spend more in the moment, it’s also a question about the time you’re saving by having the project done within a day. Depending on the scope, this could make the one-day bath remodel more affordable.
- Modern Styles – Depending on your experience level, a DIY project can be constrained by your expertise. A one-day bath remodel brings with it the experience of an established company like Thompson Creek.
Advantages of a diy bath remodel over a one-day remodel
- Budget – If you are not in a rush, you can likely save money on labor by taking on a bathroom remodel by yourself.
- Customizability – Have a specific vision? When you’re working for yourself, you’re more likely to be able to get the specific outcomes you’re looking for.
- Sense of Accomplishment – Though hard to place a dollar sign on it, it is highly satisfying to finish a home DIY project, no matter how long it might take.
One-Day Bath Remodel Compared to Full Bath Remodel
In pure scheduling terms, you likely guessed that a one-day bath remodel would be faster than a full bath remodel. Understanding what goes into each decision will help you as a homeowner decide whether the lengthier remodel is right for you.
Advantages of a one-day remodel over a full bath remodel
- Ease of Scheduling – A full bath remodel can take anywhere from 3-4 week to 4-6 weeks. This depends on the size of the bathroom, the scope of the renovation, and the number of contractors. A one-day bath remodel can be done in a single day, making it much easier for a busy family to schedule around.
- Budget Conscious – Beyond the convenience, the controlled nature of a one day bath-to-shower conversion means a project that is much more likely to stay on budget.
- Contained Construction – Bigger projects require more setup and cleanup, more crews, and more equipment. For a faster, simpler remodel, a one-day conversion has the advantage.
Advantages of a full bath remodel over a one-day bath remodel
- Modern Conveniences – By taking the time necessary to complete, a full bath remodel can involve modern appliances, exotic materials, and artisanal techniques.
- Fully Customizable – Ideas like adding windows to bathrooms or removing walls are often out of the scope for a one-day remodel. A full bath remodel doesn’t face as many limitations.
- No Compromises – Other than adhering to a budget, a full bath remodel means you can get the desired outcome, even if it takes longer.
When To Go With A One-Day Bath Remodel
For many families, a one-day bath remodel makes sense. With the type of remodel they’re looking for and the budget they have, a full renovation may not be necessary.
Still, it’s always better to know your options. At Thompson Creek, it’s our priority to make sure our clients understand the possibilities so they can make the best possible choice.
Ready to make a change to your bathroom? Get in touch with the experts at Thompson Creek today.