Cleaning the gutter is a task no one likes but is an inevitable part of homeownership. Without clean gutters, you run the risk of damage to your property, creating problems with water damage that can cost thousands to fix.
If you’re not interested in climbing on a ladder and scooping leaves and other debris out of your gutters, there are plenty of resources that can assist you in the process. These gutter cleaning costs are what you can expect to pay when enlisting a professional to handle your seasonal gutter services.
How Much to Clean Gutters
Cleaning gutters is an important part of home maintenance. Effectively a way to collect rainwater, snow, and hail and divert it into the soul, gutters prevent water from leaking into your home from the roof. However, gutters also collect leaves, dirt and branches over time, creating obstacles that impede water flow and increase the probability of damage.
While it’s possible to clean your own gutters, the risks involved dissuade many homeowners from handling this job independently. From balancing on a ladder for potentially hours to handling rotting leaves, it’s not a chore many relish. As such, hiring a pro is a common way to keep gutters clean.
Gutter cleaning costs can vary from one company to another, but they often average around $150 for a full service clean or between $0.50 and $1.50 per square foot. This means that if the exterior of your home has 100 feet of gutters, you can expect to pay between $50 and $150.
Factors That Affect Gutter Cleaning Costs
There are a number of factors that can affect the price of professional gutter cleaning. As no two homes or commercial properties are exactly alike, it’s common for prices to vary from one property to another. When looking for quotes on gutter cleaning costs, keep these factors in mind:
- Home size: Larger properties with more gutters, such as those with two or more stories, will generally cost more than smaller properties.
- Equipment required: Some properties may require more equipment than a single ladder. For example, some homes are located on hills or on uneven terrain that may require larger ladders or additional workers. The more equipment that’s required, the more a gutter cleaning job will cost.
- Necessary cleaning: Clean gutters at least once a year, ideally in the spring, although some homes will require more frequent cleaning depending on the presence of trees or other foliage. However, if you have neglected your gutters for months or even for years, they may require a deep clean that goes beyond standard gutter services. If comprehensive cleaning of your gutters is required, costs will likely be higher.
- Time required: If a property needs extensive work, it may take many hours to clean all gutters surrounding a home or other building. If gutter cleaning takes longer than expected, you may have to pay an additional incremental rate.
- Cost of living: Some areas have a higher cost of living than others. Cities with a higher cost of living may have higher standard service rates for jobs like gutter cleanings than others.
By taking all potential factors into account, it’s possible to estimate what it will cost to professionally clean your gutters before getting started.
Affordable Gutter Cleaning Costs
All gutter cleaning services are different. This means that some will naturally cost more than others. As such, property owners should seek quotes from at least three different businesses to find the most suitable option or to find a company with available services that best meet your specific needs.
If you are seeking comprehensive and affordable help for your gutters, Thompson Creek can replace the gutters on your house with a clog-free gutter system, keeping you off a ladder. With affordable gutter costs and reliable workers, we can ensure you always get the help your home needs. Contact us today for a free gutter replacement quote.