For all homeowners, home improvement is a constant effort, and often it is the smallest changes that can make a home feel brand new. A good place to start would be replacement windows. If your current windows tend to leak, let moisture in, are drafty, or are difficult to open and close, it may be a good time to invest in replacement windows.
Six Reasons Why New Windows Are a Good Investment
- Replacement windows can increase the overall value and look of your home. New, upgraded windows will add curb appeal and make your home not only look better but perform better too. If you’re planning on selling your home, check your current windows for signs of wear to determine if new windows would be a good investment.
- Even if you aren’t planning on selling your home anytime soon, new windows could actually reduce your energy bill and save money over the life of your home. Drafty windows could be letting out an abundance of air conditioning or heat, and drive up your energy bill. Newer windows work more efficiently in keeping the climate in your home more consistent. The U.S Department of Energy Guide to Energy-Efficient Windows reports that new windows could save you 7%-15% on annual household energy bills by upgrading to Energy Star qualified windows.
- Something many people don’t consider is the damage that can be done to inside furniture and decor by UV rays let in by worn down windows. This can cause fading in your belongings and shorten their lifespan. This process usually goes unnoticed until the damage becomes very obvious and personal belongings are ruined.
- New windows can add a buffer from the outside noise. New, double-pane, snug-fitting efficient windows help to block out street noise to make your home more comfortable and adds to your sense of privacy.
- Homeowners sometimes consider repairing a broken or worn window, which can be a cheaper option than a full replacement. A repaired instead of replaced window however often results in gaps or slight mismatches from the repair to the original window components and that can compromise the efficiency and function of the window.
- Replacing old, worn-out windows with new energy, efficient windows with a significant warranty is a one-time investment in your home’s upkeep. At Thompson Creek that guarantee is up to 50-years on windows and can be transferred to a new homeowner with the sale of the home. That means you have peace of mind knowing your home’s new windows are going to last.
Determining if getting new windows is worth it depends on how much of your budget you choose to spend on replacements. The Federal Trade Commission reports in their Shopping for New Windows guide that the price per window can range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, depending on the materials and features you choose, as well as the cost to have the windows professionally installed. Vinyl is the most economical option that is both efficient and durable, compared to materials such as fiberglass and composite windows. The professionals from Thompson Creek Window Company can show you a variety of windows at different price points to meet every budget.
There are many different options when it comes to replacing your windows or whether or not to replace them at all, but if you are looking to upgrade your homes efficiency or look, new windows would be a great place to start.
Finding High Quality Windows
The professionals at Thompson Creek understand your home is your most valuable asset. You need replacement windows that are high quality and long lasting for your home. At Thompson Creek we stand behind our energy efficient windows because we don’t just sell them, we design, build and install them, giving you one company totally accountable to you, all backed by our no-hassle warranty and buyer-protection guarantee.